Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Style Undefined

I am mostly NOT a fan of "shabby chic" but I think my style approaches the boarders of "shabby chic." I don't like white walls or white floors. I don't like white or pale pink linens. I mostly don't do lace or ruffles. I think rust is offensive. I think you get the drift. With that said, I still browse a lot of shabby chic blogs (like shabbychicblog.com) for inspiration. I like to think of the things they do as blank slates waiting for me to color or pattern or embellish. Here is a great example:


I absolutely LOVE the wood tones of the table and chairs. And the little seat cushions are to die for! They need some giant buttons around the fastenings and they need to be made out of a fabulous print or richly toned canvas to be invited into my house, though.

The other thing I adore about shabby chic is the idea of using collections of junk as a beautiful display. I am naturally a bit of a pack rat and to have my junk be displayed in an artful way gives me immense happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment