Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Kitchen Backsplash

The house we hope to buy has newer modular cabinets in a dark wood finish. They are nothing special, but they are also nothing I feel the need to replace. The house also has dark floors and currently has laminate counters in a light tan/beige tone. I strongly dislike the countertops, but they will have to stay until I can afford granite. And who knows when that will be. Like I said in the last post, I have my heart set on small subway tiles in a soft color like celery, grey, or light blue.

The cabinets in this pic are a bit darker and much more modern than what is in our perspective home, but the countertops are similar in tone. I believe ours are a little more brown and yellow in tone. I really like the backsplash here, though.

Kitchen counter modern kitchen

Now, despite having just said that I have my heart set on subway tile, I also love this backsplash. I do NOT like the tile treatment above the stove so that would have to be omitted. The cabinets shown are the correct color, but they are more ornate. I LOVE the countertops and fixtures though. Most of I love the distressed wood shelf up above!

SEN Design Kitchen & Bath Professionals eclectic kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment